Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Madden Cover, Tim Duncan, and more

It has been so long since my last post, and so much has happened since then that I don't even know where to start on this post.
But let's start with this: It was announced on Tuesday that Vince Young is going to be on the cover of Madden 2008. Everyone knows about the "Madden Curse." Even if the curse isn't really a curse and just happens to be the weirdest string of "coincidences" in recent memory, why risk it with Young? He is one of the most promising young athletes in the world. That makes no sense to me. If I were the one selecting the cover boy, I would definitely pick Tom Brady. On the other hand, you can always look at it this way - They picked VY to either undo the curse or prove that the curse is just BS.
So after VY and the Titans win Super Bowl XLII 40-39 over the Tony Romo-led cowboys with a 99 yard TD run as time expires, the headlines will read: "YOUNG PUTS END TO MADDEN CURSE!"

In other news...
Tim Duncan was thrown out of a game for, get this, LAUGHING WHILE ON THE BENCH. I'm just glad to see that Joey Crawford got what he deserved with his suspension. Way to go commish!

And a little update on the life of Adam Cates:
Things are going really well. Kari and I are looking at houses, and are really excited about it. We've found a couple that we really like, but we're trying to be patient and make sure we get the right house for us.
I'm really enjoying my job at Caltech, it's a really great place to work. It's growing amazingly fast. When I started here we had about 18 employees. We now have 32 employees and even have an office opened up in the Dallas area.

No comments:

Post a Comment