Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Ann Coulter

Over the weekend, at a Conservative fundraiser, Ann Coulter was giving a speech and said, "I was going have a few comments on the other Democratic Presidential Candidate Jonathon Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot."

Personally, I thought it was very funny. When I first heard it I cracked up. But some people think the word "faggot" is very offensive to gays.
Coulter was on Hannity and Colmes on Monday to explain her comments. They showed several clips from that same speech. You can tell from the entirety of the speech that it was a joke. There were several other jokes in that same speech. She doesn't want to discriminate against gays, she was just telling a joke about Jonathan Edwards and about the fact that Isaiah Washington, from Gray's Anatomy, went into rehab after calling a fellow cast member a faggot. She explained the term as a schoolyard taunt, meaning wuss.
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment